Defying Gravity

Friday, October 27, 2006

O'Reilly, New Jersey & Dixie Chicks

Bill O'Reilly was just on Oprah and I had to throw the remote at the TV and turn it off.

On a lighter note...I applaud the NJ Supreme Court's ruling that the NJ constitution doesn't grant the same rights to gays and lesbians as it does to straight folks. Conservatives say that this ruling will urge social conservatives to come out and vote in large numbers on November 7 but I think the reality is that this issue of gay marriage is not as big of a wedge issue as it once was.

Finally, the Dixie Chicks' documentary, Shut Up and Sing, comes out in theaters this week. It will be released nationwide on November 10. Can't wait! Oh, their CD is excellent and I'm not even a country music fan.

3 Comments:

  • Timbercake...Thanks for the post. Actually-I agree with you-Granholm is doing more than DeVos. As a matter of fact, If I had a vote-it would be for her. Fact being, I dont think either campaign has been good for the good voters of MI. I thought a lot more of Granholm heading into the campaign (and DeVos for the matter) and having seen both of them speak over the past six months-I just think they missed the point. Thanks for the note...She has definately tried-I just think she strayed from her own agenda and message and lost focus on what was important. 2 poorly run campaigns in my mind.

    Take Care.
    Matthew

    By Blogger Matthew, at 4:14 PM  

  • how are gays any different from anyone else?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:45 PM  

  • Anon, That's my question.

    By Blogger Jackson, at 5:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home