Defying Gravity

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

That change will do you good

I just sent this email to a good friend who did his part in Pennsylvania to knock Rick Santorum's ass out of the park.

I am just glowing. I've never been this happy since I first got interested in politics in 2000!

Do you think Bush waited on purpose to see how the elections turned out before he did anything with Rumsfeld? If he had left a year ago, I am almost positive the democrats would not have taken the house. I wonder if he made a deal with Bush promising that he would resign if the dems took over the house?

I think the Democrats will keep Pelosi as speaker for awhile. She's the first female speaker and all. She's also a damn hard worker and a great leader. The bigger question is who will be the majority leader. I'm hoping for Rahm Emanuel or Steny Hoyer but I'm against Frank Murtha. I agree with his position on the war but he is too conservative on social issues for my taste.

Keep in mind that most of the house seats that were picked up are moderate to conservative democrats so Murtha might just be elected but I sure hope not. I think Pelosi will do a good job brokering deals and working with the right and left to get important legislation passed. I'm just so excited that the dems will have a voice again in the "people's house." They basically have been shut out of everything for the past six years. Now let's hope they can set the example of how a majority party should lead.

I'm most happy that Santorum is gone! Great job! Casey is a bump on a log but I think he'll do well in the Senate and he is a saint compared to devil Santorum.

I guess the presidential campaign kicks off today. :)

The mood is so weird in Washington today. For the first time in along time, the Republicans aren't walking around like they own the place...I'm loving every minute of it.

1 Comments:

  • I was happy about Santorum too. I have family in the Pittsburgh area that always saw him as a religious nut. They felt he gave religion a bad name.

    By Blogger Kathy, at 3:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home