Defying Gravity

Monday, November 27, 2006

Reflecting on Thanksgiving

I feel very refreshed and roaring to go after the long Thanksgiving break. Just a few reflections from this past weekend.

It was 65 degrees and sunny just about every day and the heatwave continues. Truly spectacular sunsets. Only in DC do you see a runner who checks his blackberry while waiting for the stoplight to change. I wish I had a picture to prove it but it's true. I don't know about everyone else but I go running to get away from work and email.

The movie, For Your Consideration, is a funny movie but it's not as good as Christopher Guest's others. Best in Show still rocks my world. Prairie Home Companion is a weird movie but I found it to be timely as it was one of Robert Altman's last films. Also, I must say that Lindsey Lohan's performance in the movie was outstanding. She's a solid actress but if only she can get her personal life together.

I close on my new condo on Friday. The packing has commenced and I look forward to a life of shambles leading up to my move into the Virginia suburbs on December 8th.

One last thought, I discovered my car had a flat tire on Wed. I drove the car a few blocks to get it repaired. While waiting I walked to the grocery store and then home to bake pumpkin pie. Once I move to the suburbs I will never be able to walk to the grocery store and back home again while my car is being repaired. That is one aspect of city life I will miss. However, I will not miss the gunshots that rang outside my window on Friday night around 4:30am.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home